Using CAS at UNL
Sign up for the UNL LDAP users LISTSERV.
- In the future, we may need to make updates or changes that are not backward compatible. We'll make sure that it's announced on LDAP-USERS with plenty of warning.
- We need your involvement and feedback to make UNL Login better.
- As we learn more about CAS, we will develop interface guidelines. For example, what should happen when you click "Logout" in an application? End the application session, or end the entire single sign-on session?
- Follow the instructions for your programming language below, and give it a try!
At the moment, CAS is available for all UNL webservers (URL must match *.unl.edu). Any user, on- or off-campus, can authenticate to a CAS-enabled application.
At some point in the future, we may switch to requiring web applications to be registered to use CAS. This change will be announced on the UNL LDAP users list.
Server URL: https://login.unl.edu/cas
Click on a programming language for detailed instructions.
- Download phpCAS from JA-SIG
- If you're using PHP4, you will need the domxml extension. (Install the php-domxml package for RPM-based Linux distributions.)
- Use the following configuration to use the UNL CAS server.
// initialize phpCAS phpCAS::client(CAS_VERSION_2_0,'login.unl.edu',443,'/cas');
The Java CAS client and instructions are available from JA-SIG.
- loginUrl = https://login.unl.edu/cas/login
- validateUrl = https://login.unl.edu/cas/serviceValidate
Please share your experience and suggestions with the UNL Web Developer Network.